What I THOUGHT Pregnancy Would Be

Back in Februrary when I was waiting and waiting and crossing my fingers to get pregnant, I made a list of what I thought pregnancy would be like. I stumbled upon it the other day and some of the things I put down made me laugh! It really put things into perspective for me though- my list was from the eyes of a young lady who was hoping to get pregnant. Now, I see things through the eyes of a young lady who is very pregnant. And let me tell you.. the perspectives are VERY different!
See for yourself:)

"I'll feel cute"
Want to know what I have to say to that? HA. HA. and a big HA! "I'll feel cute"- pppssshhtt! yeah RIGHT! It's weird.. I remember thinking how cute I thought I'd feel with the basketball belly.. but let me tell you ladies and gents... cute is the last thing I feel! Grunting and groaning every time you try to move.. falling over and losing balance.. spending 80% of your day making trips to the bathroom... yup... reeeeeaaal cute. lol!

"I'll have a cute bump" 
This one isn't too bad.. Except for that it isn't just a bump.. it's more like a biiig basketball! But I'm glad it's a basketball belly. So this one I guess wasn't to far off! On Sunday as I was leaving church a guy who I don't know from the other ward said, "You know you shouldn't steal basketballs from the church." lol

"Feeling the baby will be amazing"
And yes, yes it is. :) It's miraculous.

"I'll have to sleep on my back"
Well... I would sleep on my back except for that books and pregnancy apps say that you aren't supposed to because it cuts off circulation so.. most of the time I try to sleep on my side! And if Jaron ever catches me sleeping on my back I get scolded!

"My feet will swell"
They actually haven't been too bad. They only swell if I'm on them for too long. My legs have actually been the things that swell..but not my feet.. weird!

"I won't be able to work out"
Let's just not talk about this one. Let's just say my regret is that I didn't stay more active.

"I'll get nauseous a lot"
Only for the first few months!

"I'll puke a lot"
Once again.. luckily only for the first few months!

"I'll have trouble sleeping"
Yes... this is totally me right now. I think sadly this is the first time in my life where me and sleep haven't been friends.

"My hands will swell"
I have chubby sausages for fingers. :(

"I'll waddle like a penguin"
I do waddle, but I don't think it looks penguin-like. I think it just looks like I don't know how to walk haaha!

"Jaron will spoil me"
He's a great husband, and he does. The other day he brought me home crab (my favorite!) just because. He cooked it and everything! It was very sweet. :)

"Labor will be scary"
Well, I'm not there yet.. but right now I'm not scared. I'm actually just super ready for it to happen. I don't know how I'll feel once it is all actually happening so I guess we'll still have to see!

"The epidural will be terrifying"
My braxton-hicks contractions have sometimes been very painful... so bring on the juice!

"I'll be tired more"
Bingo. But the trick to it is- you won't be able to sleep! Pregnancy can be mean!

"I'll have to buy tons of maternity clothes"
I've actually made it through this pregnancy with only a few pairs of pants, one maternity dress and one actual maternity shirt. I walk around town looking homeless because I wear baggy pants or shorts and my dad's or Jaron's t-shirts but hey, now I have more money to go spend on clothes to wear after he's out!-yeehaaw! And ironically the maternity dress that my mom bought for me doesn't fit anymore so.... yeah. waste. lol

"I'll cry a whole bunch" 
Gee do I know myself or do I know myself? Nailed that one right on the head! Jaron has gotten sick of it, but I tell him hey, I think you'd rather have a crying pregnant wife than a mean pregnant wife!

"I'll get cravings for mexican food"
During this pregnancy I have craved chinese food, the hot lime cheetos, cheddar fries, pickles (lots of pickles), and chocolate. Not so much mexican.

"I think we will have a girl"
Nope nope nope!

"I'll have a healthy pregnancy"
I've been so blessed to yes, have a healthy pregnancy! I'm very grateful for that!

I'm so grateful that I am able to have this baby. I know that lots of women don't get the opportunity in this life to have their own children and I am really grateful that I am able to. I know that being a mom is what God gave me my time for and that it is the most sacred and important job in the world. The world doesn't see it that way, and so sometimes I lose sight in how much of an accomplishment this is.. but it is an accomplishment and it is important. I can't wait to meet our son! I keep having dreams about him and in my dreams he is just the cutest thing I've ever seen! Aaand he has his dad's blue eyes! I really just can't wait!! Last night Jaron and I made votes and Jaron thinks the earliest day I'll have him is Dec. 28th, and I guessed that the earliest would be the 26th! Jaron think