Total weight gain: 35 lbs!
Clothing: Living in Jaron's shirts.
Sleep: Well, the baby keeps me up because I can't get cozy, so then I keep Jaron up because of my tossing and turning. And if that's not enough, Grant is teething- so he keeps us both up too!
Best Moment of the Week: When I found out that our pool opens on Saturday!!! HOORAY!
Labor Signs:
Monday morning at 2 AM I woke up because I thought I had a stomach ache. It wasn't bad, it was just uncomfortable, so I just made myself go back to sleep.
Clothing: Living in Jaron's shirts.
Sleep: Well, the baby keeps me up because I can't get cozy, so then I keep Jaron up because of my tossing and turning. And if that's not enough, Grant is teething- so he keeps us both up too!
Best Moment of the Week: When I found out that our pool opens on Saturday!!! HOORAY!
Labor Signs:
Monday morning at 2 AM I woke up because I thought I had a stomach ache. It wasn't bad, it was just uncomfortable, so I just made myself go back to sleep.
Around 4:30 AM I couldn't sleep
through it anymore and that is when I realized that I was having contractions.
I started timing them and they were
irregular, but they were definitely getting stronger.
I called my midwife and she told me
to try soaking in a warm bath to stop them. If they didn't stop, I'd have to go
into Labor & Delivery because I was only 35 weeks.
My midwife won't deliver me until
we are safely at 37.
I took a bath, and they didn't stop.
At that point, Jaron was getting
everything ready to go and I was just trying not to puke. I waited on the couch
for Jaron to get Grant up so that we could leave, when I noticed my
contractions had slowed down.
I started thinking we shouldn't go
in, because I would HATE for us to go through all the trouble for them to just
send us home.
Well, then I had a contraction so
strong that I threw up all over the carpet.
We left shortly after.
And of course, as luck would have
it. After we got to the hospital and I got into one of those flattering
"backside open" gowns, I had two contractions and then they really slowed down. I knew they were going to just sent us home.
Surprisingly, that isn't what made
me the most upset.
What made me upset was the doctor.
You know how you don't click with some people? Well me and that "on
call" guy did not click AT ALL. First of all, I had no idea who he was. I
hadn't met him before that moment.
And you know what he says?!
He says, "Why did you decide to have your baby outside the hospital?"
(For those of you who don't know I
am having my baby at the Birth Suite with my amazing midwife Cydni. Anyway..)
He asked me that question like I
was a stupid little kid. He asked it like I wouldn't have a good answer. He
asked it like... ugh.. I don't even know how to explain it- but the whole
conversation after that he was talking down to me and that I was just a waste
of time.
He then proceeded to tell me that I
was in false labor and that I could just go home.
I know everyone has their own
opinions. I respect that. I know this could be a controversial issue. I don't
like diving into things where really, it just comes down to your opinion on it.
You want to have your baby in the
hospital? I respect that.
You want to have your baby in the
Birth Suite? I respect that.
You want to have your baby in the
mountains? Go ahead, I respect that.
To each his own.
But for that doctor to come in and
talk to me that way, and to try and tell me what to do... I don't know. I just
didn't really think it was very nice of him to do that.
Looking forward to: My baby shower and
the pool opening this weekend!
