Hello Velvet Brown! + Pixie, We're Breaking Up.


I dyed my hair yesterday! 
I haven't colored my hair in suuuuuuuuch a long time. It felt good to have a change!
I love how it turned out!! Not bad for a $10 box color, right? Thanks Schwarzkopf. 

I decided that changing my hair color would keep me okay during the "grow out" phase, because most days I just want to shave off my hair with a buzzer. 
I loved my pixie when I first got it. I felt edgy and daring. But since then, I have realized that the pixie cut just doesn't suit me the way I thought it would.

You know how someone can get a hair cut and you look at them and think, "Whoa! You were MEANT to have your hair that way! You should keep it like that for the rest of your life." 
I was thinking me + my pixie would be more like that...

It really has been fun. But, we aren't the perfect fit. So, we're breaking up. 

It's going to be a loooong dramatic break up, I can already tell. The floofy hair at the nape of my neck and the wings that flip out and halfway cover my ears are telling me so.  
The pixie isn't going to let go easily. 

The bright side though, I think my hair right now is convenient for the stage of life I'm about to be in. Since I'll have Irish Twins, I know I'm not going to have time to style my hair for a while. So the short hair will come in handy. 

In almost two years when my hair is long again, Grant will be three and a half, and our new baby will be two. I think by then I should be able to manage it. :)
Jaron and I both talked, and since now I have had basically every hair cut in the world- we decided that I am best suited to my long hair. 

Until then, you get to witness the drama of my pixie breakup in all my pictures. :)
post signature
P.s. AAAAH! And look at my skin!!!! The 'before' picture I'm not wearing makeup. The 'after' picture I am. After a million thousand years, I am finally able to put up pictures of me without makeup without being horrified with all my zits and what not. Heck, my horrible skin used to show up THROUGH makeup. 
It is so good to be where I am. I'd like to thank Posh for my wonderful, beautifully clear skin!