We were able to be discharged on Tuesday! We left the Salt Lake Valley and made our long journey home. I accidentally forgot our Google Chromecast in our room, which I was really bummed about. But I called and they were able to find it for us! I am telling you. That hospital is the cats.
Jaron's meds make him have funny dreams, so with that along with me trying not to fall asleep therefore playing loud music and belting out my party voice, we had a pretty interesting trip home!
It was so good to get home. We missed the kids so much. We are lucky enough to have such a great family support system that helped us through this last week. Grant and Grace were in great hands, and so were Jaron and I. Although we were there for surgery, we were so happy that we were able to spend so much time with Kayli and Tyler. It is so hard to have them so far because we love hanging out with them so much! It's always the best because our cheeks hurt so bad by the end of the night from laughing so hard! They sacrificed
every evening they had driving up to be with us.
Jaron's mom also was there with us the entire time, which was also so nice!
My mom left just now. She has worked so hard taking care of the kids and then us once we got home. She cleaned and organized and it was so wonderful having her here to help us.
Jaron is still on oxygen. He is very sore today. He's spent all day in the bed, but he came out for a little bit while we set up our Christmas decorations. Yes. We are those people. :)
Anyway.
We are still trying to get back into the swing of things, but we are home and everything is going well!
-C