Last weekend Jaron and I went on our babymoon!
It definitely was quite the adventure, that's for sure.
We left Grant & Nana with Jaron's wonderful mother, and headed out Friday afternoon.
Here's the funny thing- all week long I was so excited for our trip. I was counting down the days until we could go and just relax! But as it came time to leave, I had the hardest time leaving Grant. I felt like I was leaving my heart on the side of the road.
Being away from your children definitely makes you appreciate them!
Anyway.. we got on the freeway and put the 'Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites' CD. If you aren't familiar with those books- it's okay. Neither was I. This is a Hughes Family Tradition on road trips that Jaron introduced me to, but I will have to say... I am hooked!
We checked in to our hotel and MAN! Jaron sure spoiled me!! It was the most beautiful room I've ever stayed in! It was soooo nice. And what was even NICER was the HUGE whirlpool tub that I got to kick back and relax in! It was probably the nicest thing ever, and if I could I would stay in one of those tubs for the rest of my pregnancy.
After we checked in, we went to dinner and a movie with Jaron's sister and her husband. It was really fun, and the mexican food that we ate was so so so so so so sooooooo yummy! Oh, I almost forgot- we also went to their house and played games on their Wii. One of the games was Mario Cart 8. That was really fun because while we were dating Jaron and I played the original Mario Cart every day. :) Those were good times!
Then of course, the next day, we had to visit the zoo!
Before we went to the zoo, we stopped at a Payless, and Jaron bought me some really really nice shoes! I wasn't even expecting it! It was such a sweet surprise!
Aaaanyway...I LOVE the zoo!
I was able to snap some cool pictures of some animals. My very favorite part of the zoo are the otters! I just love those things.
On our way out of the zoo, we bought Grant a book that had pictures of animals along with their um...texture? It has furs and feathers and scales and things like that for babies to feel. We did a great job, because he absolutely loved it! :)
After the Zoo, we went to the City Creek Mall and had lunch at a place called Johnny Rockets. I really liked their unlimited fries! Jaron and I had tickets the the OKC vs. Jazz game that night, and we had a few hours to kill, so we decided to go walk around the mall.
Well. Bad news.
I started having contractions.
And they kept coming.....and coming....aaaand coming.
Towards the end, I found myself sitting in a leather recliner at a Deseret Bookstore- praying that I don't have my baby there.
I seriously think we were in that Deseret Book for like an hour waiting for my contractions to stop. I couldn't even walk. It was horrible. I felt like everyone was staring at me. But hey, who wouldn't? Here was a pregnant lady, rocking and making funny faces and basically not breathing. I'd probably stare too.
I'm surprised an employee didn't come up to me and say, "Excuse me, ma'am.. but please don't let your water break on that recliner.. it's genuine leather."
I felt so bad. Once the tears started... we knew going to the game was out of the question. Jaron was so sweet to give that up for me.
We slooooooowwwlllyyyyy made our way to the car, and I kept timing my contractions. They were irregular, so we weren't too worried.
We were just going to head back and get a hotel for the night, but on our way back to Provo my contractions luckily stopped.
We decided to just go home after that.
I have been an exhausted mess ever since. I am basically on bedrest.. which, let me tell you, is NO fun.
I haven't had any more contractions, and hopefully it stays that way!Although we didn't get to do everything we wanted, it was still a really fun time and I am so glad we had the chance to go. :)
Now, the countdown begins.
Soon, we'll be a family of five. (yup. I'm counting the dog.)