4-30: "List 10 things you'd say to your 16 year old self."
Actually I'm gonna change this one up a little.
4-30: "List 10 things you'd say to your 16 year old teenage self."
This prompt is a hard one.
If I were to just answer right off the bat... I'd say things like...
1. Carmina, you're gonna fall in love. The problem is.. you fall hard. You're going to give everything to that boy.. from your heart to too many chances. Don't. The first time (yup.. there will be multiple..multiple times) he breaks your heart.. walk away. Don't turn back.
It doesn't end well like you want it to.. he doesn't change like you want him to..
I know how the story ends.
So just do as I say and walk away.
2. What's with you having steady boyfriends? What's the matter with you? Why can't you just be single and date lots of boys like you're supposed to? I know you don't want to hear this... but the whole "don't date till your 16 and even then don't steady date" thing... it's GREAT advice.
This is where your dumb teenage brain thinks that that rule is for everyone but you- it's not. You're included in that rule. So knock it off and break up with whatever boyfriend you have.
Cause here's a secret.... you're not going to marry him anyway.
3. Seriously girl. You have issues.
I wish I could just pound this into your brain.
stay. away. from. boys.
4. Let's change the subject..
Focus on school. Actually try. Don't just coast. You go to school to learn things. To make yourself smarter. School is not a place to try and be cute to get boy's attention.
Again it goes back to boys.. sheesh.
5. There's going to be this trip to Moapa. The sole purpose is revenge. don't. go.
6. You're going to get in a fight with your best friend.
It's a dumb reason to fight. It's not worth it.
You're going to lose two. years. of friendship.. so seriously? grow up..
say sorry and move on!
7. You know how those boys are jumping up and riding that tractor tire?
You know how you want to do it too?
Well.. you break your foot... so.... yeah. Maybe just be content watching.
8. You can't fix people.
You are just going to hurt yourself trying... so don't try.
9. Go to seminary. You make lame excuses and you are going to get away with it. Let me tell you that making up two years worth of seminary in four months is no fun!
10. The tenth thing I would say to my teenage self... is to disregard the previous nine things.
Why?
Because all those things are going to make you who you are. Who you become.
Are they mistakes? yes. Do you feel dumb about them? yes.
But that's how you grow.
And you know what? You turn into a pretty good person.
So just keep doin' what you're doin...
Let me tell my teenage self one more thing..
Things don't turn out how you'd expect..
they turn out much, much better.
