Bragging

Brace yourselves- I'm going to post a braggy post. So if "oh my life is so wonderful and I'm going to brag about it" posts aren't your fancy then peace out now! ;)

Jaron is the best.

Before having Grant I was so worried about what the arrival of our new baby would do to our marriage. 
I mean lets be honest, people are just trying to give you their two cents of good advice.. but hearing things like "your husband will be jealous".. "feelings will be hurt".. "make him help you because my husband never did"..  gave me flippin' nightmares. 

Me and Jaron's marriage has been nothing short of a super fun dream come true, and I had myself 
convinced that things would be ruined for a while because of the new baby. 

Hallelujah was I wrong! :)

I remember saying in a previous post that Jaron was born to be a husband because he is just so stinkin' good at it. Well, let me add "father" to that list of things he was born to be! 

From day one at the hospital my breath was taken away at how natural he was with Grant opposed to how awkward I was (I thought it would be the other way around.). I had to have Jaron help me move and position Grant for feedings just because I was so bad at it and the poor newborn was flailing around like he was on the Matterhorn at Disneyland. 

Since being home, Jaron has been perfect. 
He does so much more than just "help". He's amazing! 

After the baby was born he was able to take the rest of that week off to help me figure out the new mom thing. And by "help me figure it out" I mean he followed behind me and Grant and picked up/cleaned whatever mess we made. And we sure did make lots of messes! 

When Jaron comes home from work he takes the baby for a while so that I can have my "break" and he makes me do something that I love. Whether it be painting, blogging, embroidering, or even just taking a long hot shower!

Here is what I did with my break yesterday! I free handed the pattern, and embroidered this for Grant. I also re-did the picture frame because it was ugly brown and gold! I love love love how it turned out!    


It has been wonderful around here. And I owe a lot of it (well, probably most of it) to my wonderful husband. So thank you Jer. I love you more than a million feet of marshmallows ;)