Grant: 2 Weeks

Our sweet Grant is 2 weeks old today! Can you believe that two weeks have already passed? I sure can't! It feels like it's been two days! This boy has the sweetest smile. I have yet to really capture his real smile.. these pictures are me almost getting it! His smile melts my heart and makes me tear up every time.

The other day I was feeling those normal feelings of an overwhelmed new mom and I was crying a little (my hormones have yet to settle..) while I was holding Grant. I whispered to him that I loved him very much, and that I hoped that I was doing okay as a mom.
That sleeping baby then smiled the biggest, sweetest, most perfect smile I've ever seen. As if to say,
"Don't sweat it, mom. You're doing great.. and I love you too." 
Of course I then cried harder! But the tears of inadequacy had turned into tears of pure love and joy!
Grant is such a sweet spirit and is aware of so much! I think we don't realize how much babies really do understand! I sure do love him so so much!!

At 2 weeks old, Grant...
-doesn't cry at night! When he gets hungry or needs to be changed he just grunts a lot!
-doesn't like to be naked.
-eats sooooooooo much! and eats well! He's an animal!
-loves bath time!
-has ticklish feet!
-loves to ride in the truck and falls asleep every time!
-makes lots of funny faces
-sleeps swaddled, but tries to escape. I usually find him with one arm sticking out. silly kid!
-can put himself to sleep in the crib. (most times)
-doesn't like loud noise.
-is a happy, happy baby!

I'm sure there are lots of things I'm forgetting to put down, but we had a doctor appointment today and I'm really tired! So that's all for today :)
love,
Carmina Joy