7-30: Dream Job

7-30: "What is your dream job and why?"

I remember once in high school we were having a student council meeting with the city council and mayor or something like that. I remember they asked us students this same exact question. I remember struggling to come up with the answer I knew they wanted. Doctor, college professor, surgeon, scientist, engineer, teacher, architect, fire fighter, nurse, police woman.. blah blah blah.. those were the answers they wanted to hear, and those were the answers my fellow classmates were giving them. That wasn't my answer. I remember getting made fun of for my answer.
I stood up and said,
"I want to be a mom."
I don't remember the reasons I gave why, or even if I did. But that was my honest answer! The city council members gave me a look like, "Is that your serious answer?" And after I got made fun of, and I got teased.
I have always wanted to be a mother. I've thought about different careers and what I could be good at and what not, but I have never truly had the desire to pursue any of those roles. All I have ever wanted to do my whole life was to be a mom and to have a family.

Well, last month I finally got my dream job.
And you know what?


I love it.  
I love it more than I imagined I ever could.

You know what I have to say to people who laugh at my answer because they think being a mother is insignificant? Forget. you. And be glad that YOUR mother didn't think her job was insignificant or you wouldn't be here!

Being a mom is the hardest job I've ever had, but absolutely the most rewarding.
I LOVE being a mom and I'm so glad that I'll be employed for the eternities. ;)

Love,
Carmina