So, the other night while I was praying I was filled with overflowing gratitude towards Heavenly Father. As I was thanking Him for my blessings, I was humbled as the list of blessings just kept going and going and going! I really felt like I didn't deserve all the blessings I had received. Because in all honesty I just feel like I don't do much. It was then that I wanted to make a change. I wanted to do something.. anything. Something good. Something to help. Something in return for all my blessings!
//Back story: In high school and college my favorite things were seminary and institute (especially seminary.. shout out to the best teacher, Bro. G!!). I remember we'd go over a scripture or a talk together as a class. I'd go to seminary just waiting to hear Brother Garner say, "Does anybody have anything they'd like to share?"
I seriously capital L-O-V-E-D it. I loved hearing what my classmates had to say; I loved hearing their personal experiences and their testimonies. Not only that.. but I loved sharing too. Just because sometimes I would teach myself things I didn't even know I knew.. and I always felt the spirit.//
So this thing I want to do.. is to create kind of the same environment as a seminary or institute class where we can discuss and share our thoughts and experiences.
My idea is that I will share a spiritual thought with you, and then if you feel inspired as well.. then you have the opportunity to write a blog post about it as well, and link up with me and other bloggers below! I see all the time people having blog link up parties for crafts, fashionable out-fits, hair-do's, fitness.. blah blah blah... but here, we have the opportunity to do something good. Not only for each other but for ourselves as well. I see it as a way to not only do service but missionary work too! We live in the age of technology! (And this way I don't feel guilty about not knocking on any doors ;))
Everybody is welcome. No matter who you are. No matter what your religion is. No matter where you live or where you came from. No matter what, please join us! (Well, I guess so far it's just me. But let's make it an "us" thing!)
////
For the very first 'Just A Thought' link up.. I want to share my thoughts on my favorite video. I remember I stumbled upon this video at a very trying time in my life, and I have referred back to it again and again, any time I have gone through something hard.
The other day I was trying to write a post for this 30 Things Series I'm doing. The question it asked was, "What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?"I struggled, and am still struggling to answer that question. Lots of things come to my mind when I think of hard things I have gone through... but for some reason, I can't think of thee one, very hardest thing. When I look back, I remember having my heart broken for the very first time. I remember the painful process of having it heal, only to be broken again. I remember having the same set of friends betray me multiple times over many years. I remember being torn away from the life I knew, and going to the Philippines..not knowing if I'd ever set foot on American soil again. I remember sending off a missionary only to have him return a few weeks later, and having all the eyes on me.
During those hard times of trial, I remember thinking each time, "This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do." But now looking back.. they all seemed equally hard..ish.. but at the same time, not hard at all.
Do you see how that doesn't quite make sense? Do you see why I'm had been having a hard time answering that question?
Well. Now I know why I can't answer it.
There is one thing in common with all of those trials I went through--during each of them, I turned to Christ. I relied on His strength to get me through. I cast my yoke upon Him. I exercised the power of the atonement...
..And He healed me. He helped me. He carried me through them.
That's why I can't think of one hard thing. The Savior stood by me during the hard times in my life, like he promised he would. He took away the pain and the sorrow and got me through it to where now I don't feel like I have gone through any hard experiences. I do remember that I did, but I don't feel like I did.
During hard times in my life, watching this video has helped me because it speaks truth. There is hope and happiness to those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ.. and if or when you are going through a hard time.. just remember not to stop. And not to quit.
I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ. I'm grateful that He has taken away all the pains that come with this life. And I know that He is always by my side.
Just A Thought,
Carmina Joy
Link up below.
