Day two of our vacation was spent at California Adventure. I'll be completely honest here... day two started out with a lot less... um... enthusiasm.. than day one.
Jaron and Grace both woke up sick, Grant had a runny nose, and I was seriously regretting wearing my Nephite sandals the day before.
BUT. We slapped some smiles on our faces and braved another day. Luckily, California Adventure was a lot less busy than Disneyland so that was a big plus!
Really, the only reason I wanted to go to California Adventure was because I wanted to take Grant to Cars Land- and boy. It did not disappoint!
I am dead serious- I could just spend all day in Cars Land. It's so so so so soooo so cool! Everything is exactly. EXACTLY. set up the way Radiator Springs is in the movie- but it's real life. So crazy. Disney is good. I love it.
The first ride we hit was Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Jaron, Grant and Charles rode this ride while Grace and I watched. It looked like so much fun, but Jaron and Charles said it made them feel so sick. Charles said the ride was basically "bad drifting" lol.
Grant loved it though! He loved it so much that he continues to tell me about it to this day.
"I ride Mater. It's so fun."
"I see tractor! It's so fun."
After the ride, we walked down to the Cozy Cone. Just as we got there, Grant's jaw dropped because he saw his favorite car ever driving (literally DRIVING.) right past him.
He watched in complete awe as Lightning McQueen drove right by! He was so excited. Then, he literally chased after Lighting McQueen down the road. He must have been going to take his break, because once he disappeared, Grant cried the absolute biggest crocodile tears I have ever seen.
He was so distraught that McQeen went bye-bye. It was so sad.
The only reason he stopped crying was because we told him we were going to see Mater, and that cheered him right up!
Again. I looooove Cars land!! It is too much fun.
Grant didn't really appreciate how loud the voice of Mater was, so I think that's why he is plugging his ears in this picture.
Just outside of Luigi's Casa Della Tires there was a dance party in the street! The little gangster car DJ was there playing music and there were cast members teaching a cute little dance to all the kids.
Grant had so much fun dancing with all of the other kids!
It was so much fun to watch.
And yes, I dressed him in bright neon colors at the theme parks on purpose. ;) You can't miss him!
This day was much more slow paced.
We took a lot of sitting breaks, mostly because we were running low on sleep and our feet hurt really bad. We were able to ride some fun things though!
We went on Fliks Flyers, Heimlick's Chew Chew Train, The Little Mermaid's Under Sea Adventure (which broke down twice while we were on it), Monster's Inc. (which broke down, but we were able to ride it without a wait because we had our lunch right outside the ride and knew when it re-opened.), and Charles and I rode the Tower of Terror, which I wanted to make sure we did because I heard it was closing ?
We wanted to go on Grizzly Rapids, but it closed because of issues. We also wanted to ride Soarin' over California but the wait for just the fast passes was INSANE, and Jaron and Charles went to wait in line for California Screamin', and got pretty close, but then that ride closed because of issues and they told them to leave. After that- we decided to go back to the hotel.
The kids were tired, WE were tired, Grace and Jaron were sick, and the Pixar Play Parade and World of Color show were still 5 hours away.. we just didn't have that in us. at all.
It was a really fun day, but all of us fell asleep at 6pm once we got back to our hotel.
California Adventure and Disneyland had kicked our butts.
![]() |
Jaron and Charles got a kick out of saying the "EEEAAARRRRL!... OF SANDWHEECH" We ate there a few times during Disneyland and California Adventure- it was yuuuuuummmyyyyy. |







