Hughes' on Holiday : Coronado Beach

The last day of our vacation was spent at the beach. 
Coronado Beach is in the San Diego area, and it is my new FAVORITE beach. It is so clean. The absolute cleanest beach I have ever been to. They even clean up the seaweed that gets washed up onto shore!
Parking is free! We were able to park right up by the beach on the side of the road; so we didn't have to carry our stuff too far. Along the beach, there are mansions and other nice beach homes- not shops and restaurants.. so it is very quiet and relaxing. It is a very family friendly beach. I love it! 


All of us loved beach day.

It was nice and relaxing, and exactly what we needed after a busy week with lots of walking. Grant kept saying that the beach was "meeniful" which is how he says beautiful. 
We just lounged around at did beachy things.
We played in the water, collected sea shells, and played in the soft, warm sand.


The tender mercies continued- Grace slept aaaaaall through beach day. I am not kidding. It was actually really convenient. She played a little when we first got there, but she kept accidentally rubbing sand in her eyes. When I noticed she was tired, I went and got her car seat from the car, and she slept the rest of the time we were there.
I saw this cool trick on Pinterest where you bring a bedsheet and set it up upside down as a little "sand-free" zone for babies. It worked really well! Jaron looked at me weird when he saw that I was bringing a bed sheet to the beach, which was funny, but once he saw what I did with it he finally got it. :)

There were so many cute little houses along the beach. There were also giant mansions. I took a picture of one little cottage because it reminded me of a house that Cinderella might live in. Pretty cute.


The only negative about beach day was that we all had so much fun that we forgot to take any pictures with me in them. But that's okay... next time!


Grant loves Jaron so much and I loved watching these two play together while we were there. Grant would come up and tell me how fun it was to play in the water with his daddy.
He also had an absolute blast chasing down seagulls! It was a hoot to watch Grant's little run. It is very cute. He tried running so fast, and kept losing his hat, and a lot of times couldn't decide whether to pursue the seagull he was chasing, or to go back and rescue his hat. lol
Sorry the video is so shaky- I was laughing. ;)
I could watch this clip over and over again-



We decided to go home after playing at the beach because we were all funned out. We didn't get home until 3am, but I am glad we drove home. After a great week on holiday, we were ready to be home.

Speaking of home- I haven't posted any pictures of our new house at all. Those will be coming shortly! :)

-C