The worst.

Today was the worst.
I am the worst.

My mom has been staying with us and all week I looked forward to going to the temple with Jaron while she watched the kids.
Today was our chance to go. We haven't been to the temple together in a long time.
Well we drove out to the temple and before we went in I checked my temple bag and guess what? No recommend. That is where I always keep it. Even though tucked in the front pocket isn't really a responsible place to put it... that's where it always is nonetheless.
I figured that maybe I had moved it in my wallet, which was in the diaper bag... back at the house.

I wish I could have thrown a Grant sized tantrum because that's how I felt on the inside.
Jaron was sweet and held my hand while we walked around the temple, bringing up happy memories and trying to make me feel better. It worked, and after sitting down on temple grounds with him for a while, I felt better.
He also bribed me with Dairy Queen, and that helped too. ;)

So we drove to DQ and after ordering a Royal Oreo Blizzard, I checked in the middle console of our car to see if I had any change.
Guess what was in there?
One.
Wild.
Guess.

My wallet.

Guess what was in my wallet?

Behind my Costco card...
bingo.
My freaking recommend.

I was so mad at myself that I almost didn't even know how to react. I was so frustrated. SO aggravated. That I pulled a classic mom move and just sat back and shut my eyes.

I don't know about you- but when I was growing up, if we ever made my mom so mad that she just closed her eyes and was silent... that's when we knew we had blown it.

Ugh.

Today is the worst.
I am the worst.

-C