I feel like THE worst mom ever. I see all these other blogger moms with babies and they seem to be doing all sorts of activities, and they're productive, and they're having fun, and their lives are the best.. and blah blah blah..
Grant and I run out of things to do in like one hour. Seriously.. one hour.
He gets up and I feed him, change him and then it's time to play. He sits and or stands on my lap and I make funny noises and play peek-a-boo, and sing songs, and tickle his tickle spots and then he gets sick of it. So I put him under his play gym and he plays and swats at the toys and then he gets sick of it. So I put him on his belly and we have some tummy time and we practice using our muscles and army crawling and then he gets sick of it. So I put him in his swing and he is happy for a while but then he gets sick of it. So we go outside and go for a walk but then he gets sick of it. So then we go home and I put him in front of the mirror and he smiles and giggles at himself and then he gets sick of it. So I put him in his play chair and he plays with the toys on there and then he gets sick of it. So I set him up so he can watch me while I do housework and he gets sick of it.
And he naps so much! I'm pretty sure the only reason why he goes down so much is because he'd rather be asleep than awake because being awake is boring. I don't blame him. I'd rather be asleep too.
Which creates even more problems because he's been waking up lots at night because he is sleeping too much during the day. But I can't keep him up during the day to save my life! No matter what I try to do or how I try to entertain him, he'll scream until I put him down.
And I think it's only going to get worse. Because it is going to get hotter and hotter and that will eliminate all the outside activities for a while.
I seriously count down the hours (actually the minutes.) every day until 5 o' clock when Jaron comes home because then it isn't so horrible. He takes our only vehicle to work so when he gets home sometimes we even get to leave the house! But on days like today... 5 o' clock seems forever away.
I'm feeling pretty down in the dumps right now and I can't seem to find the motivation to do anything. I feel like a really bad mom because I'm tempted to just let him watch Jungle Book or Alice in Wonderland all day because that entertains him for a while. But I am trying to not let him watch any TV anymore because I'm not sure if it is good for him. (is it?)
I'm calling all moms. (or even if you aren't a mom.
If you are just someone with an idea..)
We really need help!
What are we supposed to do?
If you are just someone with an idea..)
We really need help!
What are we supposed to do?
-Carmina & Grant
