Today, I hate our apartment.
We only have one car and Jaron takes it to work. So Grant and I get to see the same 400 sq. ft. walls of this apartment all. day. long.
I want to be outside.
I don't want to go outside. I want to be outside.
We have no yard. We have a parking lot. The apartment building is so wonderfully set up that the view from our front door is the view of our neighbor's front door.. 15 feet away.
I used to take Grant on walks everyday, but lately that just isn't doing it for me.
If I go on a walk I have to do just that...walk. I can't stop. I'm always on someone else's turf. Someone else's street. In front of someone else's house. Someone else's driveway. Someone else's pretty yard.
We went to the park once. But even then it wasn't our afternoon. We had to share it with 10+ other people that were there.. staring at me. Wondering why a crazy, makeup-less, horribly miss-matched lady brought her 3 month old baby to a park.
It's just hard.
I want a house.
A house where you don't have strangers living above you.
Strangers who like to stomp and march around and wake your baby up from his naps.
Strangers who like to blast 'Gangnam Style' on repeat.
Strangers who you can hear when they go pee. (Apartment living is disgusting I've decided.)
A house with washer and dryer hookups.
Because I can't justify spending $3.75 for a single. load. of laundry.
A house with a yard.
Grass. Flowers... I'd plant flowers.
Maybe we could even have Cliff again..
A house that doesn't have scary people living so near by.
A few weeks ago Jaron and I overheard some of our.. umm... middle-aged..sketchy.. male.. neighbors saying horrible, inappropriate.. just awful things to the little neighbor kids.. This apartment hasn't been the same for either of us since then.
I know this apartment is a blessing. It has given us a place of our own, a place that we can be us. I am grateful for that. But.. I definitely don't think it's going to be forever..
Or even over a year.
Strangers who you can hear when they go pee. (Apartment living is disgusting I've decided.)
A house with washer and dryer hookups.
Because I can't justify spending $3.75 for a single. load. of laundry.
A house with a yard.
Grass. Flowers... I'd plant flowers.
Maybe we could even have Cliff again..
A house that doesn't have scary people living so near by.
A few weeks ago Jaron and I overheard some of our.. umm... middle-aged..sketchy.. male.. neighbors saying horrible, inappropriate.. just awful things to the little neighbor kids.. This apartment hasn't been the same for either of us since then.
I know this apartment is a blessing. It has given us a place of our own, a place that we can be us. I am grateful for that. But.. I definitely don't think it's going to be forever..
Or even over a year.