...What Happens When You Get Married at 18.

The other day while talking with a friend, I was explaining me and Jaron's..... um.. living situations. You see, during the almost three years that we have been married.. Jaron and I have moved six times. Not a typo. Six. 6. S-I-X.

We get teased about it, we get called nomads, and we get shocked reactions from everyone. 

But it wasn't until the other day that I realized WHY we have moved that many times. 

Jaron and I got married when at 19 and 18. We were young, and literally had nothing to our names. The little money that we did have was what Jaron had saved up from working at Pizza Hut, and we used it all to get us a "real" car. Which was a 1997 Toyota Avalon that had a bajillion miles on it.

But that car got us to where we needed to go after we got married- which was Cedar City, UT. 
We lived in my Aunt's basement apartment which she graciously let us do for free. 

Once we had a little bit of money saved up again, we moved to another basement apartment in Cedar. One that we thought we could afford, because it was only $425 a month. Well, very quickly.. we began to run out of money. We were budgeting, we were eating Ramen for EVERY MEAL, and we never went anywhere or did anything. We were frugally living to the EXTREME- I was even diluting my $1 dish soap with water to make it last longer. It was pretty dang depressing lol. Finally, we did the numbers and knew that if we continued to live in Cedar we were going to completely run out of money and get in trouble with our landlord. 

SO we did the only thing we could do. 

My new husband and I packed up our little belongings and moved into my parent's house. 
My parents didn't have any extra rooms though, so we lived upstairs... right outside my parents bedroom.. with nothing but a cheap portable pop-up Wal-Mart closet to separate us. 

Once we got our bearings back, we moved to a little farm house just about a mile away. But it was our own place, it wasn't a basement.. and it was perfect. We loved that house.. and we still think and talk about it often, and the good times we had there. That was where I found out I was pregnant with Grant. That was where Jaron landed his wonderful job at Sunwarrior. We set up Grant's adorable nursery and Jaron had even built a rabbit hutch for two little bunnies that we thought Grant would love to play with when he got older.

But of course, it didn't last. Due to some changes within the family and other things... we made move number five back into my parent's house... again. 

Looking back, I know why that had to happen. Heavenly Father knew he'd NEVER get me to move out of that farm house and into St. George... and that is exactly what was coming.

Jaron's job moved to St. George, and we needed to follow it. His job was too good, and too wonderful to NOT. And like I said before, Heavenly Father knew that if he got me back into my parent's house with a brand new baby.. it wouldn't be hard to get me to want to move to St. George. And moving to St. George was something I swore up and down that I would never do. 

But Heavenly Father was wise, and I actually couldn't wait to move. 

But once again, we moved into the only thing we could afford. Another basement apartment. 

I am not trying to be ungrateful, because I am very grateful for this apartment. It gave me a place to be my own mom and raise my own family. It kept us safe and gave us a home. Grant crawled and took is first steps here. 
But... for multiple reasons... we know it is time for us to leave. 






   
These pictures are 100% more for me than they are for you.
I want to remember this place. I want to remember how far we have come. I want to remember that we have been so so blessed. I want to remember to be humble. I want to remember to be positive and to always be grateful for what I have. I want to remember that yes, getting married young is probably what has made it challenging.. and we has to do things that most people don't have to.. but we did it, we made it, and we are happy!

Heavenly Father always has a plan with the best things in store! :)

At the beginning of this week, we had no idea what we were going to do. By Tuesday, we had not only found a place but we wrote the check and signed the lease. In two days we are moving into my beautiful, wonderful, perfect in every way, town home... AND I CAN'T WAIT! 

Don't worry. Pictures will come. :)