Sock Bear :)


I'm finally jobless and LOVING all the quiet time that I have! :) The house is always clean, the dishes are always done, the laundry is always smelling good and Jaron even gets to eat yummy food sometimes. ;) Aaaaaand even after all of that.. I STILL have lots of time to spare! So....I've started quilting {let me know if you have any extra jeans you were planning on throwing out} and crafting until my nimble fingers can't take it anymore! 
Today's project was Sock Bear. :) 
As you know crafting can be expensive, so I was very happy that I found a craft to do and I already had all the materials I needed! I had lots of fun making sock bear and I'm thinking I'll probably make a few more for gifts and such! 
I'm sure this baby is gonna get spoiled with lots of toys, but part of me secretly hopes that somehow sock bear ends up by being his favorite. :) The "favorite toy" always ends up by being super sentimental- the toy that gets taken everywhere, the toy that gets slept with, the toy that gets the most attention, the toy that gets the most tears if lost, the toy that never gets thrown into the "D.I. pile" no matter how old the kid gets... the toy that he'll want to keep for a long, long time. I hope sock bear is that toy. :) Because then when he gets old and finds sock bear in a box of stuff, he can say, "Hey, that was my favorite toy... and my mom made it for me!"    
Well.. even if it ends up by being the toy that sits on a shelf.. at least it's super cute right? ;)


If you'd like to make your own sock bear, the tutorial I used is found in the link below. :)
RAWR Creatures: Sock Bear
post signature