Grant Lincoln: 16 Months


I really want to get all of this written down because Grant has learned SO many new things since last month, and I don't want to forget these cute new things he does!

Mobility: 
He has started running! It's the cutest thing to watch because he holds his arms tightly at his sides with his fists clenched, and runs down the hall while screaming "aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh"!

He has also started kind of skip/hopping. It kind of looks like a gallop? Whatever it is, it's funny!

Language:
Grant has learned SO many new words! He is also able to repeat most simple words. His new words are:
"Yellow"
"Ball"
"Zaazoo" (we think he means "Love you")
"Papa" (Grandpa)

The crazy thing is.. he knows what yellow is. The other day after church he picked a dandelion and said "yellow". It was the first time I had ever heard him do anything like that! It was so crazy! too crazy!!

He also is babbling as if we understand what he is saying. He talks non-stop. Of course.. most of it makes absolutely no sense.. but it is so funny to have him talk to us. He's become quite the chatter box!

Abilities:
When I say "Let's put on your shoes" he comes by me and sits down so that I can put his shoes on, and once they are on he runs straight to the door!

When it's time to eat, he knows to go to his high chair and wait for me to put him in.

Likes:
Lately he really likes playing with Nana. He is always so excited to see her, and whenever he does he screams "NANAAAA!!!". Just like that.

Dislikes: 
He has been teething and his molars are coming through.. so I'd say he probably doesn't really like his teeth right now.

Feeding/Care:
Grant has started feeding himself with a spoon! He picked up on it SO quickly! I am so proud of him!! He was so interested to learn after his Grandma bought him his own bowl and utensils.

Grant is also COMPLETELY 100% OFF of the binki!! YAY! HOORAY!!! He NEVER uses it anymore. It's a MIRACLE!!!!!! Hopefully.... he stays that way even after he sees that his sister has one. I don't know though.. fingers crossed.

New Tricks:
I taught Grant how to bang on his chest and go "aaahhaahhhaaaahhh" (you know, the Tarzan noise)
it's pretty silly to see him do it. :)

He also has learned how to blow kisses!

That's all for Grant! I also just have to say..... if I don't have this baby soon I'm going to decorate my house to death. Here are the projects that I did today!



I put this in our garage for our pool towels! I LOVE having a pool! The only negative is that it's been so cold and rainy lately- what gives!?
I also made the letters for Grant's name and hung the clock as well today! Oh, and did I mention that I cleaned the WHOLE garage, did all the dishes, AND made cupcakes?! Toot Toot! (Except they don't have frosting so that they're healthier.... that works.. right? lol)
Carmina Joy